Why Go RVing?
There are so many great reasons to Go RVing, here are just a few!
Discover Fun From A-to-Z
RVing Complements Any Lifestyle or Interest
People from all walks of life are discovering they can more easily have fun in an RV, without breaking the budget. Whatever your hobby or area of interest, RVs provide transportation, lodging, plenty of space and all the comforts of home. Moreover, RVs help people save money on vacations while avoiding the hassle of reservations, lines and flight check-ins.
Here are just a few of the passions people pursue in RVs:
- Antiquing - Spend the weekend looking for that special something-and don't worry about how you'll get it home!
- Baseball - Why not hit the road and take your kid to spring training?
- Camping - All 50 states have RV campgrounds-explore all the wonders of America.
- Dogs - Don't leave the four-legged members of the family home next vacation. There's plenty of room in the family RV and most campgrounds gladly welcome pets who are well-behaved.
- Exercise - RVing promotes a healthy lifestyle. Take your workout clothes because many of today's RV campgrounds offer aerobics, yoga classes and miles of scenic running/walking trails.
- Football - Forget about homefield advantage, take your home on the road and follow your favorite college or pro team to their away games, too.
- Golfing - Go RVing to the golf tournament and you'll never have to squeeze your clubs into the trunk again.
- History - Bring American history to life on family trips. Visit great memorials and monuments without busting your budget in a classroom on wheels. Make learning fun!
- Indy 500 - Watch the great race from the best seat in the house - your very own RV.
- Jazz festivals - There is nothing like hearing your favorite music in person. Jazz festivals and RVs are both American traditions.
- Kayaking - Take on the toughest white-waters with plenty of room for the kayak and all your gear.
- Leaf peeping - This autumn, enjoy the turning leaves from a front-row seat with windows big enough to really let you take in the view.
- Mexico - Explore our neighbor to the south in an RV, there are lots of campgrounds and RV tour groups that are geared to American tourists.
- Nothing - No reservations, no timetables, no lines, no work, no stress. Why not just relax this weekend and discover how exciting "nothing" can be?
- Oceans - Take your beach house with you as you hit the shores of your choice.
- Partying - Grill, eat, drink, talk and laugh-and spend the night. Campgrounds are great places to enjoy get-togethers without having to travel far.
- Quality time - Family togetherness is one of the main reasons people go RVing. How many generations can you fit into an RV vacation?
- Romance - Spend aquiet night under the stars with a fire and some wine then retire to your own home away from home -just the two of you.
- Skiing - After a day of skiing head back to the RV. There, hot cocoa, warm slippers and all the comforts of home await you in your own personal ski lodge.
- Tailgating - Whether for football games, NASCAR or concerts, tailgating is America's new community social. Join the fun in an RV!
- Unexplored places - Have you ever wanted to make a left at the crossroads rather than a right? America is full of hidden treasures that are hard to find on a map. Explore them in an RV!
- Volunteering - Volunteer with your RV and turn it into a soup kitchen or comfort station on wheels. You'll be helping someone in need to feel good ?-and you'll feel even better about yourself.
- Winter home - Head south when winter comes this year. For tax purposes your RV is considered a second home and can offer tax saving advantages.
- "eXtreme" sports - Bring all your grown-up toys on an "eXtreme" sports adventure. Play anywhere the roads take you, from Telluride to Maine .
- Youth activities - Kids love RVing. Whether it's sledding, Scouting or Little League, why not treat your kids and their friends to a day they will never forget?
- Zoos - Don't just go to the zoo for a day. Make it a whole weekend of adventure and see all the animals! And don't forget to check out the nature waiting outside your door during your campground stay.
It's Good For You
Vacation + Relaxation = Happy Campers
Who doesn't enjoy a great vacation? You can't wait for it to begin and wish it would never end...You return to your everyday routine feeling relaxed and happier...You bond with your spouse and family while away, growing closer...you return to work with a more motivated outlook. Research has proven these "feelings" to be truths: People who take regular vacations are healthier and happier.
In addition, RV trips add benefits like less stress because you are in control:
- It's easy to pick up and go without having to pack luggage
- There's no limit on the things you can and can't take in your luggage
- You can follow special diets or eat your favorite foods when you have your own kitchen along
- There are no worries about having to leave any family members behind, because even four-legged companions love to RV.
- In research recently released by the U.S. Travel Association, travel has been proven to aid in wellness, strengthen relationships, and boost creativity - all good reasons to start planning your next adventure.
Health and Wellness
- An annual vacation can cut a person's risk of heart attack by 50 percent.
- Travelers rate their overall health one full point higher (on a scale of 1 to 5) while on vacation. They also get three times more deep sleep after their vacation.
- More than half of employed Americans say they come back feeling reconnected with their family after vacation (53%).
- At least four out of ten travelers feel more romantic on vacation (42%), and nearly one-third admit to making love more often on vacation (31%).
- Travelers experience a 25% increase in performance on vigilance tests after returning from vacation - travelers 45 or older show a 50% increase in performance.
- There's a good chance the benefits of vacation will go straight to the bottom line. According to a study by American Express, more than a third of small-business owners say their best ideas - the ones that lead to business growth - come not at work, but during their downtime.
- An inability to take a break can lead to stress, burnout, and a greater likelihood of feeling betrayed and angry when things do not go well at work.
Having It All
RV owners enjoy all these benefits of travel. RVers can travel more frequently, more economically and more conveniently than any other travelers. Enjoy spontaneity. Make a spur-of-the-moment weekend getaway a reality to escape the workweek. Most of all, surround yourself with those you love, reconnect on new levels, and create memories that will last long after returning to home and your day-to-day schedules.
So, What Will You Discover on your next RV adventure?...